Max # of jobs/CPUs

Get BOINC related help here
Contact

Max # of jobs/CPUs

Post by Contact »

There are 2 project settings available on projects that are running newer server versions after Jul 31, 2016.
Max # of jobs for this project
Max # of CPUs for this project

Magically, these settings are available for most projects that I normally limited via app_config.xml or similar. I now use Max # settings to limit my clients appetite for Virtual Box wu's. I also limit other resource hungry projects here.
In my version of stress free operations I set Max # of jobs to 1 and only one task a time is downloaded and run. Choose your own stress free #.
Max # of CPUs could be handy for greedy multi-threaded apps.
The Max # settings are available at least on these projects and likely others if I were to continue checking.

✅ LHC@home preferences
✅ LHC@home dev preferences
✅ MLC@Home preferences
✅ QuChemPedIA@home preferences
✅ RakeSearch preferences
✅ YAFU preferences
✅ Kryptos@Home preferences

max.jpg
max.jpg (167.13 KiB) Viewed 1705 times

ASI828277

Re: Max # of jobs/CPUs

Post by ASI828277 »

Contact wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:13 am There are 2 project settings available on projects that are running newer server versions after Jul 31, 2016.
Max # of jobs for this project
Max # of CPUs for this project

Magically, these settings are available for most projects that I normally limited via app_config.xml or similar. I now use Max # settings to limit my clients appetite for Virtual Box wu's. I also limit other resource hungry projects here.
In my version of stress free operations I set Max # of jobs to 1 and only one task a time is downloaded and run. Choose your own stress free #.
Max # of CPUs could be handy for greedy multi-threaded apps.
The Max # settings are available at least on these projects and likely others if I were to continue checking.

✅ LHC@home preferences
✅ LHC@home dev preferences
✅ MLC@Home preferences
✅ QuChemPedIA@home preferences
✅ RakeSearch preferences
✅ YAFU preferences
✅ Kryptos@Home preferences

max.jpg
Good work